Saturday, May 26, 2012

the best summer ever no matter what.

i've been excited about this summer in a different way than i have before, for a lot longer than i usually am. since april-ish i've just had this big feeling that God is about to do something crazy awesome.
and the fact that i get to be a part of it is just crazy.
on june 3rd i'll be leaving for my fifth summer at la vida. that's one of those phrases like "i'm a senior at ciu" that feels more real, and then more scary, every time i say it to someone. it didn't really hit me until this week. i don't know many people who lasted five years. and now i'm one of them. crazy, crazy, crazy.(more on that here. and by the way, my general camp rants are on that blog; this one is just about this summer. so for now that one has a lot more, and better, stuff)
anyways, this is where you can come if i haven't written or called and you want to know what's going on! my goal is to post every saturday. i'll put up camper stories, what God is doing, deep truths from tori, what i learned that week, probably pictures, and most definitely prayer requests.
and as you know, i LOVE mail...so if you want to make my day:

[whatever name you usually call me; they'll figure it out]
218 La Vida Rd
Winnsboro, SC 29180

while i try to write people on my own, i definitely write people back, so if you want a guarantee of mail from me, send me some first! and also, my campers love it when i get letters...i get so excited they laugh at me. so you could think of it as a ministry opportunity. ;)

but more than anything else, please please pray! specifically:
-that God keeps my pride in check. i need to remember that i'm not here because of anything i did and give all the glory to God for giving me the best job in the world and making me good at it. as he so painfully showed me last summer, none of that has anything to do with anything i know or am able to do...i don't want to forget that and try to run the show on my own again.
-that everything i do or say this summer, whether to my campers or other staff, will be out of love. i want my campers to go home with a better understanding of God's love for them because of the love they saw in me.
-for community. God put this staff on my heart back in february, and me and kathleen have been praying about it a lot. pray for us that we'll love each other, show each other grace as the summer goes on and drama starts up, have each other's backs and push each other closer to Christ.

that's all i can think of now, but i'll post more every week! prayer means even more to me than mail. so if you don't have time or stamps, just send one up to God for me and you'll be my favorite.

No comments:

Post a Comment